Thursday, October 01, 2009

I have the best kids in the world!

I know you may think you do, but I can prove it.

I was really looking forward to having a nap today. I stayed up way too late last night partying with a few friends for my good friend Sarah's birthday and I was tired today! Then, minutes before laying down, the school called because Melia wasn't feeling well. The school worker said, "She has a fever. It's 98.8 so it's really getting up there."


Uh....hold up. 98.8? Hahahahahahaa. Ok.....so....hahahahahahaha.

So does she....hahahahahaha.

Sorry, I just can't control myself. Wow, my children have had high fevers for 10 years!

I went and picked her up ("fever" and all!) because she had been moaning and complaining of not feeling well in the middle of the night last night. Got her home, she had a nice big bathroom trip and all was well. She's not sick. But nevertheless, I did not get my nap.

So this afternoon, I lamented my lack of nap to my oldest daughter Emilee. She told me to go take a nap and she'd "take care of everything" for me. I informed her that I had just cooked 6lbs of hamburger that needed to be separated and wrapped and put in the freezer, 3 loads of laundry that needed to be folded and put away and that their chores needed to be done for day. She said she'd take care of it all and was super excited to be "in charge" if I went to bed. Megan offered to cook dinner if Daddy didn't when he got home.


So to bed I went. I woke up almost 3 hours later. The laundry is done (with the exception of my clothes). The bathroom is tidied. The dishwasher was run. The hamburger was wrapped and put in the freezer. The entertainment center was organized and dusted.

I love my kids. Seriously....I think I may squish them so hard their eyeballs will pop out. What did I do to deserve such totally awesome children?

4 comments:

Ambrosia said...

WOW. You do have the best kids. What wonderful girls. You are raising them right for sure!

Anonymous said...

They are so sweet. How wonderful that you got a nap and they were able to pitch in.

Deb said...

I love your girls. I feel totally out of the loop though since I didn't even know you had your blog up.

Cindy said...

Wow! I even mention laundry,dishes,or any of the other things mentioned my kids run the other way.