Monday, December 12, 2005

Mommy would you love me........

Tonight my oldest daughter Emilee decided to test my love for her.

"Mommy? Would you still love me if I grew up to be a mean girl?"

"Of course, sweetie."

"Even if I was really mean, and stole children?"

Ummm....ok. So now I have a criminal in the making. I can't wait until she starts shoplifting at age 6.

Seriously though, we talked about how I'd always love her no matter what. But that if she made bad choices I'd be really really sad because I would be worried that we wouldn't get to be together as a family forever. That's one thing I love about the gospel. It helps me talk to my children and give them answers I'd otherwise not know how to explain. In almost every case, I can turn to the gospel to talk to her.

Well, except for times when she asks why urine is yellow......or why that doggie has things hanging from his bottom....or why eggs don't look the same cooked as when they are raw.....or......

No comments: